Thursday, April 3, 2008

Remind me to keep my mouth shut next time

I usually don't post about mid-week rides/training, but last night's workout is one for the books. On tap from Coach Auer were 2x12 LT intervals. I stupidly headed to Hains Point after work to complete said workout. Yes, that Hains Point, aka Cherry Blossom Central, where every touron in town wanders aimlessly around staring at trees and even worse, the cars. It was bumper to bumper and at best my workout would have consisted of short bursts of speed while breathing exhaust fumes from the endless stream of cars and tour buses. I bumped into some teammates that were headed out for an Arlington Hills ride so I decided to join them. My second stupid moment of the evening... announcing to the group that I really needed a workout. This group consisted of...

Mike E (Cat 3 BAR Champion and newly minted Cat 2)

Scott C (Cat 4 BAR Champion and newly minted Cat 3)

Jesse L (winner of the UMD Cat 3 race this year)

... along with some other R1V strongmen. Mike said we were just going to chill on the way to Arlington then hit the hills hard. Well, I was already at LT pace heading out and things got ugly once we hit the hills. Although I did not technically do 2x12 min intervals, I assure you I got my workout. In fact, looking at my power file, I spent over 45 min at LT pace or higher. Damn, i love those guys. But next time I'm going to keep my mouth shut. Trust me, they don't need incentive to put the hammer down. In fact, their easy pace is just about LT for me. Thanks again guys. Fun times.

3 comments:

goat said...

The chicken kicked some serious ass today at Walkersville . . . and this is just the beginning.

Unknown said...

Hey girl I heard about that ride and the guys said YOU kicked A$$. I am so proud of Chicken, this is her year :)

Jesse said...

shout outs! Yea! :)

You were awesome on this ride and are riding awesome so far this year. You're going to be scary come cross season (even though I think you should concentrate on laying down some more hurt on the ladies on the road circuit)...

see you out there..