Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Alabama Cycling... A Photo Essay

The Goat and I spent a few days down in Alabama visiting the folks. We also got in some awesome cycling.
Ready to head out for a ride up Keel Mountain.

The Granderkitten.

No mistaking what's in store when you ride up Keel.

This is Alabama after all.

Some sections on Keel are 19%. How do you get up a 19% grade?

With circus peanuts, of course!

More inspiration towards the top. BTW, the descent off Keel is a blast.

(These next few shots are for CK's redneck blog.)

West Virginia or Alabama?

Love the stop sign.

Fire pit.

More flags. This one incorporates the Alabama state flag.

Pet goats.

The Pig Wig.

The nice flat stretch home.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could almost hear the banjo playing in the background.....

Anonymous said...

Cool photos.

Unknown said...

What a great photo essay, looks like so much fun!

K-country said...

I could live there too!

Anna said...

awww....ya'll are making me miss the south!

Lorena said...

Those are some FUNNY pics, chicken!