A brief synopsis of my week…
Wednesday evening was the now infamous Arlington Hill Ride with the boys. The Goat decided to join us so the hammer was put down! She blogged about it over here so no need for me to repeat.
Thursday evening we had dinner with some friends that I don’t get to see often enough. Darlene and Pilar literally live right down the street but with work (and work-out) schedules I’ve been bad and not made the time. I don't think I've seen them since Christmas, or if I have, it's been in passing. You see, I "stalk" their dog Maya, aka the Best Dog Ever. I go out of my way on my commute home to ride in front of their house just in case Maya happens to be out. And yes, maybe I'll get a chance to see the girls too. Anyway, I can't believe it's been so long since I've sat down and had a conversation with them. Dinner was great, as usual. Darlene and Pilar, on top of being fantastic people are some of the best cooks in the kitchen. And for the big news... Gabriela can expect a baby sister in about 4 months!
Friday evening was happy hour with the Enforcer, Madge, and Jeff. I'm not posting pictures because none of them are suitable for publishing. We tried out a new place, Vinoteca, and I’m jealous that Artemis has them as a sponsor. They have one of the best happy hours in town. I’m just amazed that all these clubs have such great sponsors, which brings me to Sonoma and the Women’s Clinic that we held on Saturday.
About 20 women attended the clinic, which was surprising considering the questionable weather. Again, the Goat is supposed to blog more about the clinic, but I'll just say this... it was so nice to give back and hopefully inspire some of these women to just get out and ride their bikes. I'd also like to say what a great person Eli Hengst is... not only for his sponsorship of several cycling teams in the area, but also for his support of the women's clinic. Not only did he provide the space for us to meet before and after the ride, he provided all the attendees with appetizers and an open bar.Saturday evening the news couldn’t be better. My incessant checking of weather.com has payed-off as I receive an email that the Fair Hill race is a go...





No comments:
Post a Comment