Monday, January 26, 2009

West Virginia Day 8

Not much to say. After 6 days of riding out here, I'm pretty beat. I managed to ride 2 hours today and took Jen and Bill on a preview of the Lost River Classic race course. After that, I pointed them in the direction of Middle Cove Road and headed back up to the Barn by myself.

3 tired pups!

Maya, Rena, and Azucar posing for the camera after our morning hike.

When Jen returned to the Barn after her 4+ hour ride she saw Azu with what she thought was a weird looking stick.
Azu and her stick.

That was no stick!

Thanks again to Badger, Jen, and Bill for keeping us company in WV over the past week, and thanks for all your cooking. Now back to the daily grind in DC but with fond memories of my Lost River Barn vacation.

2 comments:

Badger said...

What an awesome shot of those three gorgeous doggies! Had I stayed, I would have been wrapped up next to Rena on a fourth doggie bed because my legs were cooked on Sat! Azucar's "stick" has me shaking my head. I let that dog lick my face. She's moved on from eating deer poop to the epicurean delight of deer leg.

Anna said...

Looks like a great 8 days of riding! Ever think of taking those dogs to the track? I bet they're pretty fast after all that high altitude training.