Saturday, January 24, 2009

West Virginia Day 6

The day started with another round of Badger's awesome pancakes and discussion of the day's ride.  The Goat announced that she was done.  Seems that Badger and I wore her out the past 2 days and she was going to take the day off.  Or maybe it was the peanut-butter salmonella that I saw Zim sneaking into the Goat's pancakes.

The morning's feast.

Zim and I set out in arm-warmers and knee-warmers, and even then were overdressed.  The day was beautiful!  We scooted down the mountain from the Barn and did a lap of the proposed race course for the West Virginia Classic.

The only thing I can say about the course is bring your climbing legs.  This will definitely be one for the climbers.  But don't think all you skinny climbers can get by on your climbing legs alone.  You will also need to be a fearless descender.  I would download my Garmin data to show elevation gained/lost, but I don't know how to do that.

Zim and I stopped a few times along the route to say hi to some dogs and take a few snapshots.

The sign on the door says "Neighborhood Witch."  Zim was taking photos left and right.  I just wanted to get out of there.

And finally, the long climb back up to the Barn.

The last stretch before exiting the park and the real pain begins.

No comments: