Tuesday, January 20, 2009

West Virginia Day 3

It was too cold today to take pictures.  The thermostat read 12 degrees when we left for our ride so we decided to drive down to the State Park and ride from there.  No need freezing to death on the descent from the Barn down to the valley.  We did a nice 2:30 hour loop which was plenty enough time for our water bottles to freeze.

Sonja and I in the warmth of the car after our ride.

The highlight of the day was the arrival of Zim.  Thoughts of her kettle corn kept us going even though it was so cold.

What Sonja and I brought to the Barn.

What Zim brought.  Where are the melons?

Oh, there they are.

Zim did cook up a fantastic dinner of chicken, sauteed mushrooms, and corn casserole.  We are now ready for our ride tomorrow.


3 comments:

goat said...

We are having a blast out here! After today, 30 degrees (tomorrow's forecast) will feel like Miami.

chris said...

Wow serious epicurean stuff waitingat the Barn. Left the city but brought some refinements. I bet the plow guy was happy to see some people out also. Nice comment on the topic of mellons.

jbriseno said...

I had to play catch up on reading your blog due to a minor delay from putting together a team for a soccer tournament. Good stuff! I like all the pics, its nice to see ya! Oh and just in case you were wondering we got second place in the tournament, not bad for a bunch of old men.