Sunday, January 4, 2009

Thanks Mimi and Lisa

That was a fantastic dinner.  Caramelized apples with duck.  Yum!


5 comments:

Chickin said...

Yes - It was outstanding. And I took your advice and bagged the 7 AM ride - we got to Philly with plenty of time to spare and had a great time!

Chickin said...

That and this post are the Goat logged in as the Chicken (I just noticed and am too lazy to log out - that is bad!)

Anonymous said...

VC,

Quite impressed with your 2008 results. I check into your blog every now and then. Well written blog and funky (in a good way). Its great to hear that someone else from Huntsville is a velo bog trotter. Check out the Green Mt Stage Race here in Vermont. Good regional competition. Enjoy the weather where you are. Its Computrainer season here.....

Richard Tom HHS '86
rtfrance@hotmail.com

Chickin said...

Hey Richard,

Good to hear from you. I've always wanted to do Green Mt and this just might be the year. You should also try to come down here for some races. We have some good ones. Let me know. Sonja and I would love to see you.

Take care,
Christina

Anonymous said...

VC,
I don't think we could house a team but if you and Sonja do Green Mt, Diana and I have lots of room, 2 dogs and indoor storage for 20+ bikes. Vermont is pretty chill, no ego, super accepting on everything (yeah, nobody gives me crap when I put on my old school La Vie Claire skinsuit, jump on the old Guerciotti tt bike, and try to act like Greg Lemond before he got kinda' whiny). Bike biz goes well, we sold 2400+ bikes between April-Nov this year. Expanding the shop by 2000 sq ft currently. Seven, Pinarello and Trek are the main lines. As soon as I get this damn tubular glue off my hands gotta, wax up the skate skis. I wish we had this skate ski thing in Alabama back in the day. Don't do much of the racing these days, the bike shop manager thing takes up so much time. Having up to 30 employees at peak season is sometimes like herding cats. As long I can be the retro old fart that can make the college kids think once or twice before jumping for the town line, I am content. Haiku: Drying tuby glue, happy shedding dog jumps, hairy carbon wheel......