Monday, June 16, 2008

Church Creek TT

Saturday was the Spring Church Creek Time Trial and I am happy to report that I had a good ride. I was the first Cat 3 woman off but at least I had a few Cat 5 men in front of me to chase down. In the spirit of not writing race reports I’ll just link to the results here. I mean, is there really anything to report from a time trial except that your ass hurt, you felt like puking and every muscle in your body cramped? Well, Heidi VonHottie does a fine job of detailing her experience, but I am not as eloquent as Heidi and all I remember about the TT is well, that my ass hurt, I wanted to puke and every muscle in my body was cramping by the time I was done. And kudos to Amanda... she flatted a couple of miles from the finish and refused to DNF. She wound up walking, then riding on her rim to finish DFL. But like she said, and I agree, DFL is better than a DNF any day. Heidi's macadamia nut cookies would have been the perfect treat after 80k of time trialing (ITT then the TTT), but I missed out on those... she gave them to Sonja and by the time I was ready to eat, they had "disappeared."

2 comments:

vonteity said...

Aw, man... Sonja ate your cookies!??! They weren't the Cranberry Macadamia Chocolate Chip cookies, but rather Almond Crunch Cookies. To tell you the truth, I liked the CMC3's better. I'm so sorry you missed out on the post-race cookies. I'll be sure you get some at TWC!

girloffroad said...

Nice job chicken!