This morning on my commute into work the strangest thing happened. I was spinning down Penn Ave on the Hill playing my normal game of dodge this, dodge that when a WASA truck hit a Metro bus right in front of me. In fact, so close that some of the debris actually hit me and I had to swerve to avoid rear-ending the WASA truck. The bus driver was MAD to say the least. The WASA driver claimed to have not known that he hit the bus, but I think he was trying to make a cleaver get-away. Unfortunately for him, but I guess good for the bus driver, an off-duty police officer was there to stop the WASA driver before he could skedaddle. I only mention all of this because I wonder if the WASA driver would have stopped if not for the cop's presence.
All this brings me to the Tour of Washington County (For actual race reports check the Chicks in Black and Long A's blogs. Not writing race reports is easy when you troll other people's blogs and link to them :-) I am going to make a stretch here and compare one of the riders from this weekend to the WASA driver. You see, she is a cheater and has tried to get away with it for too long. The only problem is that we are all on to her now. I will not call out names but if you really wanted to figure it out you can. I was on to her when she took a short cut at Iron Cross last year and more of us are on to her now that she "finished with the group" but 1 lap down at the road race on Saturday. Here are my thoughts on the matter. I could easily see her missing the turn at Iron Cross last year. Heck, several riders missed it but all of those riders turned back once they realized their mistake, and that was one loooong climb back up to the actual turn. She kept going, found the course again, albeit cutting off one of the hardest, most technical climbs in Iron Cross and placed quite well in the overall. Did she ever contest that placing? No. Not even when riders "behind" her said they never saw her pass.
At the road race apparently she was so far behind the group that she was directed to the finish one lap early and just happened to be caught by the peloton as we were sprinting to the finish. She was placed in our group and that's that. Not a peep out of her even though she has to know that is not right. I heard that someone questioned her but she was adamant that she finished where she was placed. Bull crap! All I've got to say about it is Karma Sucks girlfriend.
But on to shiny happy thoughts. I loved the Tour of Washington County but it did not love me back. Respectable (but not spectacular) placings in all of the stages gave me 15th overall in GC. The most important lesson learned from the weekend is to keep it clean. I am studying Plain Jane's post to learn and memorize the important acronyms. And here is a special Monday treat, a Haiku from Robin.
Stay inside cone line
Turn before; motor ref chase
Go back. Redo. Eff!
That pretty much sums up Sunday's time trial for me.
Finally, it has come to my attention that I have been labeled an omen that brings bad ju-ju to the Greenbelt races. I propose a little experiment. I am going to be at Greenbelt this Wednesday but I will not be racing. I will be helping Route 1 Velo with roadguard duties. Let's see what happens to Sara Z if I am at Greenbelt but not actually in the race. I hope she and Wendy are there and that I can put this bad omen thing to rest (that means Sara doesn't crash).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
we had a situation like that last year. had the damn thing on video even.
dude never fessed up.
karma is a bitch, and at the end of the day this is all beer league, if you can't play with honor than that's a really sad state of affairs.
when it's all over you have to look yourself in the mirror.
don't let it eat at you too much.
respect
faticus
I love R's haiku. Gosh I can't imagine what we would say or how else to get rid of frustration if we didn't yell out certain words. ..I would think it to be more dangerous to keep that bottled up.....But let it be a lesson to us all....
yes...
in backgammon some people miscount
but
if you miscount and it is to your advantage
well... than it is cheating
why would anyone cheat at backgammon?
I cheat at solitaire.
Refer to Gwadzilla's blog for a soothing salve to the soul:
http://gwadzilla.blogspot.com/2008/06/poem-desiderata-and-dc-rainbow.html
It will cure all that ails you. I promise.
I know who you are talking about, shame on her. But don't let it get to ya though, what goes around comes around and this community is pretty tight knit so I can't imagine it going on for much longer. I thought people kicked cheaters' asses in parking lots at races?
Is she Large?
She's not small.
Post a Comment