Monday, March 3, 2008

Dog Is My Co-pilot

Another weekend of good training rides. Sonja, Hank and I covered nearly 5 hours on Friday meandering thru the suburbs of Maryland. Yes, this was only supposed to be a one hour ride for me, but this is what I get when I agree to ride with Sonja on a little "out and back on the CCT." Yeah right. Saturday we skipped the Kelly Acres ride because we are wimps and decided to ride up to Great Falls for some hill repeats with J-Max and K-Lo. Brutal I say, especially the 2 repeats up Brickyard. Sunday was a chill Arlington Hills ride again with J-Max. I think I rode a total of 10 hours this weekend. Maybe that does not seem like a lot to some of you, but this chicken was in bed by 8 last night because I was so tired. Thankfully, today I only had to spin 45 minutes so I just rode the ss to work and home and that covered it.

After riding Sunday we had a play date with the white dog. We picked her up and off to Rock Creek park we went. She loves fetching sticks out of the creek and the bigger, the better.

Throwing sticks.

When we got her, she seemed ok but I'm sure she felt much better after this...

What did this dog eat?

Sorry for that nasty picture, but Mom, you asked for it. On the way home Azu took her co-pilot job seriously.
Dog is my Co-Pilot

Afterwards we stopped at Finn's for a little refreshment. Yes, I have sworn off alcohol, but the temptation of a Belgian brew was too much for me to resist. We enjoyed our time chatting with Russ. Sonja has more (and a better picture) over on her blog.

Russ goofing off for the camera.

Russ promised me more lucky water bottles. Yes, I race with Russ' used water bottles for good luck. Everyone's got a good luck charm, right? Mine are the waterbottles. I discovered Liz Hatch had a Texas quarter glued under her saddle when I was borrowing her bike. Sonja claims she doesn't have one. Let me know if you have one.

2 comments:

Anna said...

What a great profile shot of both pilot and co-pilot!

dj cyclone said...

funny used Russ Langley water bottles - well probably in the scale of "used" Langley items not a bad choice - hey, if it works for you.......