Yesterday I was flossing and my front tooth fell apart. I was hit in the mouth with a softball as a kid and broke it. I've had problems with it ever since. Once I was having my teeth cleaned and the dental assistant just popped it right off. I don't know the terminology for how they fixed it. I know it's not a cap or crown, maybe more like a veneer. It seems the tooth just split, front to back. Nothing to worry about though. Only the back part of it fell off, you can't even notice. Shouldn't be too painful or expensive to fix.
Well today I was flossing again and my crown fell off. This is more serious. Again, it's not visible, but my boss told me that if I ignored it, it could abscess. I hope the dentist is able to bond the crown back to the platform. If not, I could be facing the dreaded root canal. This could be extremely painful and quite costly. By the way, this tooth originally broke when I tripped and fell and hit my jaw on my desk.
On a better note, last night was Evelyn's Festivus Celebration.
Festivus is the celebration for the "rest of us" and begins with the airing of grievances. My grievance is that Ev gave Sonja and I matching jackets so we look like a couple of dorks. (Just kidding! I love my jacket.)
After the airing of grievances, come the feats of strength. I skipped out on that part. And one important thing, for Festivus you don't put up a tree but rather a pole. Here's Jeff and his Festivus pole.
It was an enjoyable evening and a great celebration to kick off the holiday season.


1 comment:
Don't you hate it when you have nightmares that all your teeth have fallen out . . .
Post a Comment