Monday, July 13, 2009

Weekend Wrap

Briefly, Sara won the Cat 3 Crit Championship Saturday and LJ won the Dawg Dayz Circuit Race Sunday. Hopefully someone will write race reports over on the team blog. Thankfully I don't have to because frankly I suck and was not a factor in either race. I would however like to point out the fact that the Cat 3 crit champion has been on my team for 2 years now... last year Harlow, this year Sara. I admittedly had nothing to do with either win. Hell, last year I didn't even race it. Big thanks to Joe Jefferson for putting on a great event. I loved the new course, just sorry I didn't get a chance to show it how much I loved it.

Sunday's Dawg Dayz was another fantastic race. Great venue (including lakes for dogs to swim in), great course, great food. Thanks to Evelyn and her Artemis crew and also to the Bike Rack.

The scariest part of the day for me occurred when I was taking Evelyn's dog Bud for a swim. He reluctantly came with me down to the lake, but once we got there tricked me into thinking he wanted to go swimming. I took his leash off, he looked at me as if to say "sucker" then bolted back up to Ev, cutting the race course in the process. THANK DOG the peloton was not coming thru or it could have been ugly.

And now for my post-race report, because we all know that's where the true action is.


Amanda came over to celebrate her 30th birthday (belated) and her 3rd place finish in Sunday's race. She also taught me that you can order pizza online. Who knew? The less personal contact the better, right? Now if only they could somehow automate the delivery I wouldn't have to deal with anyone.


The party moved downstairs after the pizza arrived to watch Le Tour and chit chat. Azucar was happy because she could now sleep on the sofa. She had a rough day at the races, swimming for over 3 hours and stealing Christine W's chocolate chip cookies. Such a hard life for a dog.


And finally, Sonja successfully removed her stitches!

1 comment:

gwadzilla said...

how about a weekend wrap from DCCX?

who raced?

I saw you slugging it out!
it was a tough course!

what about Amanda and Sonja?
did they race?