
Thanks to Jen C I finally have that Poolesville win.
Overall it was a fine weekend of racing for CycleLife Powered By Specialized. I won the Poolesville Road Race; Robin got 3rd at the Reston Crit with a fine leadout by Sara Z (who still managed a 5th place finish), LJ scored a silver medal and Sonja pulled in a bronze in their respective categories at the Masters Nats Road Race in Louisville.
Not one to write race reports I'll just say this about Poolesville. Jen C led me to the gravel perfectly and I attacked on the third lap bringing Harlow with me. We bridged up to NCVC's Beth who had rolled off the front prior to the gravel. Harlow was not feeling well and had to pull herself out of the break and Beth and I worked well together to get a minute lead on the chase. She was an awesome break partner and I look forward to racing with her again.
On another note: Do Jen C and I really look anything at all alike? I've got at least 10 pounds on her and am not Asian. I only ask because when she violated the yellow line rule during the race, I was the one called out by the moto ref and asked to move to the back of the pack. Then when I was in the break, all the roadguards were yelling "Go Jen!" Beth even asked, "You're not Jen, right?" It all was quite amusing.
At Reston my legs were tired. Not tired enough that it was an overly difficult race, just too tired to do anything other than sit in. I still managed 7th overall coming in on Jen Max's wheel as we were pretty much the last 2 standing after a massive crash on the last lap. We had no hope of catching the group of five up ahead as we were gapped off from the crash so we just rolled in. I was fine with that as I was pretty apathetic about the whole race. I never once made an appearance on the front, never once attacked, never once reeled in an attack. I was just happy to finish with the pack on lead lap which is a first for me at Reston.
And finally an update on the new bike. The parts are ordered and should be in the shop. I'm just waiting on the call to bring the frame in to have it built up. SRAM Red with Nokon cables with white housing. Should look pretty sweet.


No comments:
Post a Comment