Sunday, April 12, 2009

Kelley Acres

What better way to spend Easter Sunday than making the trip up to Kelley Acres for my all-time favorite ride. I have to admit, I've been missing my KA rides. Seems like weather and team stuff got in the way during the offseason and I only managed 2 KA rides, but what's that saying, if you can't beat them join them. So, instead of a team ride on Easter Sunday we decided to take the team ride to KA.
Along for the ride was local strong man Wahl. He's rolling these days and even though he didn't mean to, he rode each and every one of us off his wheel at some point during the day's ride.

Stephan looks good in his new ABRT kit, even though I was giving him a hard time about beeing too skinny to get a good draft off anymore.

Also along for the ride were Marni, JMaxx, and Arley.

Arley at the top of the Civil War Century climb. She would later rip my legs off.

The plan for the day was the infamous prison loop. Chris loves the novelty of this ride, or is it the fact that she knew I'd feel right at home.

Chris smiles for the camera.

Jen R lit things up today as well. At one point she went flying by me and asked "You wanna catch that group up ahead?" My answer was "No, I'm not riding hard today." Truth is I couldn't hold her wheel if I had wanted to and that was my excuse. She is a rockstar.

The only time today that Jen was slow enough for me to talk with her.

Rolling by the yard.

Arley, JMaxx, and Marni attempt to string it out :-)

Chris' loot for the day.

No comments: