Tuesday, May 13, 2008

It's not my pooh-baby and other mid-week ramblings

The internets have been down at the "hen house" lately hence the lack of blogging. Thankfully, I spent my weekend with the Major and the other Chicks in Black so I can just point you here and here to see how the weekend races and rides went down.

Saturday night, though, deserves a special mention. The Goat (update your blog!) and I decided to head over to Sonoma for dinner to celebrate a good day at the races. We also want to give back to Eli Hengst, one of the greatest guys around, by patronizing his business as much as possible. I cannot say enough about his restaurant. The service was fantastic, the food "mucho rico", and made even better by the fact that I ran into my buddy Tom from the Juice Joint. He was on a "first date" and apparently trying to impress the lady by bringing her to such a fine establishment. Imagine my surprise when the waiter brought over the bottle of wine we had ordered and told us it was on the Juice Joint! Thanks Tom. And thanks again Eli for all you do. I expect Sonja and I will be fixtures at Sonoma from now on because that burger and risi e bisi was the best and your cheese selection is out of this world.

And on a sad note (at least for me, not for them), Monday was Poops' and Bud's last day at Capitol Hill Bikes. They are packing up and heading out west to Colorado. We had a little get-together last night to say our goodbyes and share stories and laugh about (or should I say with?) the Pooh-Baby Daddy. I wish you guys the best of everything and miss you already.

No comments: