Today was a great day. I went into today's race hoping for a top 10, especially after taking the cross bike for a spin yesterday and falling pretty hard during a dismount. After the fall my confidence was pretty much shot and my knee and shoulder were hurting. Today I lined up with 30 women at the Charm City Cyclocross race in Baltimore, the largest cross race in the Midatlantic. I had a horrible start, probably the worst start I've ever had in a race but I quickly made up for it and worked my way up to 5th place. In the 3rd lap I managed to pass 4th and that's where I stayed. I'm somewhat disappointed that I couldn't catch 3rd because I was sooooo close, but I'm extremely happy because it's the best performance I've had at a cross race yet.
In other news, the women of
Capitol Hill Bikes are trying to get sponsored by
Cherry Pharm. If you have any ideas about a sponsorship proposal, please let me know.
Here are some pics from today. (Thanks Sonja!)


No comments:
Post a Comment